Lost Soul in a flat and sky-filled land with nothing to protect me but an M.A.

Monday, September 04, 2006

The Camping Adventure

So, we kinda got hit by the end of a hurricane when we were camping. This would have been fine but the tent was just not up to it. Though Brock dropped a tree on top of it (cracking some of the poles) earlier in the day, the predicted 35-45 mm of rain actually was leaking in through the floor so we had to pack it up.

Lucky for us, before it started raining we rented a canoe and explored the pictographs. Here is a sample.






6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to clear up this whole dropping a tree on the tent thing. A rather storng wind was expected with the storm so I wanted to get rid of this tree that was half fallen down that we discovered over our tent when we woke in the morning. I asked Carrie to help out and when I managed to get the tree free, Carrie wasn't helping anymore. Voila, flattened tent.

4:29 p.m.

 
Blogger carrie said...

Just so you all fully understand, I am obviously far too short to hold a 30 foot tree up over 7 feet in the air. You do the math, because to me that equals no matter how much I am helping the tree is gonna squish the tent.

4:34 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you two lovebirds shouldn't fight, I am sure you are both wrong and I am somehow right, even though I am not involved at all.

D

9:44 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carrie, your pics are super cool, (and I love the arguing through a blog). Camping has the potential to bring out the worst in all of us. And I think D is right, even though neither of us are involved.
Meg

1:04 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at you canoeing away. Good stuff!
-CP
ps.Meg is right that D probably is right.

1:30 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, I think Cara is right that Meg thinks that D is probably right. I like the cute pic of you in the canoe.

D

6:03 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home