Lost Soul in a flat and sky-filled land with nothing to protect me but an M.A.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Guest Post-Historical Heaven



Hi everyone

Just a note from Denise from Kingston. I am having a great time, although the weather here is VERY different than at home (I think it is because the rain sneaks up on you--you can't see it from far away). I had a great time with my Grandma (and my Aunt and Uncle and sister) and I am now touring around Kingston. There is so much history here it is amazing--just walking down a path today I found a machine cut nail, a frag of salt glazed stoneware and a green transfer-print! We have been to Sandbanks Provincial Park and The Museum of Civilization. I am now concentrating on sites within Kingston and today went to Murney Tower Museum before the unpredictable Kingston weather got the better of me. Coming up will be Fort Henry, Bellevue National Historic Site (Sir John A. MacDonald's House) and the Penitentiary Museum (that is if the weather holds and I can get around Kingston without drowning). Oh and I plan on getting everything I can out of the Queen's archives and libraries!! I hope that everyone is great and I will see you all soon!

The picture is of me at the Museum of Civilization in Quebec looking out to Ottawa (where else!)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow D! I'm drooling that sounds so awesome. Did you spend Canada Day in our Nation's Capital? Was there awesome events going on? Hi Carrie! I hope work's going well. Miss both of you dearly. Love U!

3:56 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. smoke in hand noted!-M

3:57 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope, we went to the Sandbanks on Canada day and then to Kingston (C and B picked me up that day), Ottawa was on Sunday--but my sister was on the Hill for July 1!

And yes Cara it should be Tower but Tour works as well.

D

8:44 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was more distracted by the "everyone is going great" at the end:)
-CP
ps. I don't know why but I always want to read Kingston as Klingon. Try it, it's really funny that way!

12:13 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:18 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You changed it! That's cheating! Now I look like I made stuff up! Doh!
-CP
ps.I didn't notice the Tower thing until you pointed it out.

5:36 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lookin' good. The view is nice too:)

7:08 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home