Lost Soul in a flat and sky-filled land with nothing to protect me but an M.A.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Just a Plain Old Saturday

I awoke to Brock hungry, as usual, wanting breakfast. So, we drove out to Picton for a nice small town breakfast. Browsing the streets after eating I spotted a store called "Ye Old Stuff and Nonsenses". I had to go in. There the sweetest old lady proceeded to tell us about how a lot of the stuff was over priced pseudo antiques that she just wouldn't sell to anyone. It was so cute how she chatted with Brock while I picked out a brooch. I ended up buying a really nice one for cheap, and she gave me 10% off too. How can you not buy something from a store with such a name. When leaving Picton we realized that we were just in time to miss the ferry so we went and checked out the winery along the taste trail. My first time at a winery, I just had to try a few. They weren't that great but we bought a bottle of the one I thought was the best of the bunch. Once again, I figured you can't really drive all the way out to a winery in the middle of an island and leave without buying something (it seemed kinda silly). We returned home and then spent the night doing laundry. My the excitement.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hate to be the filthy cynic here but that's excatly why that store is called that, so you cannot not buy anything. you are a store owner's dream.
which of course does not take away from the pleasures of owning a new antique brooch!(i should know)
can we have a photo, please.
k.
ps. btw, your saturday sounds lovely. in an old-married-couple kinda way;-P

5:11 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did they have any Ironstone or semi-vitrified white earthenware?

D

11:38 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Sat. sounds like fun, its cool that there is a "taste trail"
p.s. D. your mind is one tracked-always thinking ;)

2:21 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FUN!!!

3:09 p.m.

 
Blogger carrie said...

There was one molded platter, but I don't think it was ironstone. Sorry.

3:49 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home