Harry Potter-esque???
Here are some pictures from the train ride. Not quite as Harry Potter-ish as I thought it would be.
Large phallic symbol in Winnipeg (notice it is as large as Cara), it turned out to be a bridge though.


If you look really closely you can spot the World's largest Coke can (don't remember what little town it was in though).
Also, it's a plane!! This was at lac Seul (some crazy broad from BC got off there, I only know she was crazy because Cara and I had to eat supper with her one night. Trust me , CRAZY!!)

According to the voice-over intercom guy this is Canyon Lake, the longest lake fully in the province of Toronto (that is a direct quote). Those voice-overs were my favorite, they were hilarious. Other fun facts include that we came close to Timins-home of Shania Twain, Goldie Hawne and Kirt Douglas owned a cottage on Lake Muskoka (sp?), and Gordie Howe was born in Parry Sound. Just a few little tips for you from the east.
PS- more photos to come.

2 Comments:
love the plane pic! i'm stealing it. i think the intercome guy was high, they get bored repeating the same thing over and over again. unless it was a recording, then he did it on purpose, to keep the passengers on their toes. hey, this sounds like i'm making excuses for the idiots in the east...not so, not so.i wanna hear more about the crazy lady!
10:29 a.m.
but I thought Toronto was a province...wait no it's just the center of the universe!
I hope you had some fun on the train Carrie, at least you had Cara with you. I was alone, scared and helpless, beside a woman I never met, spoke to or looked at (I think she was mad at me becuase the conductor woke her up so that I had somewhere to sit! - Like I would have chosen her, there were two babes sitting three seats down!!!)
-bling bling-
8:59 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home